I have also been working on the Baldydog Fanpage to make it a little more interactive. This includes regular updates of useful content such as info about SEO, Social Media Marketing tips, and the like as well as general info about developments with Baldydog as a company. Just to be clear, I never claimed to be a designer, so the custom fanpage I created may be changing if we ever get time. Suggestions for others on creating custom fanpages:
- Create a custom welcome page..Google “free custom fanpages” to find a ton of free services using Facebooks iframe technology which essentially embeds another website within Facebook to give you a custom page.(more on this later)
- Add a Facebook picture that takes up the full space instead of a small little square icon.
- Add pictures to your home page that add a bit of style not just random pictures. In this I am referring to the right of the main profile at the top of the wall page.
- Add more pages or tabs to include specials, free giveaways(contests), coupons and the like. If your Fanpage is for a restaurant, you could make one tab a menu tab.
- I also read somewhere that you should include a link to your website at the beginning of the ” About” section for your pages info.
This is by no way a complete custom fanpage tutorial. What fanpage resources can you recommend?